crunchy pineapple casserole
grandmother june’s recipe
i originally had this recipe at kevin’s family Christmas for the first time last year and fell in love with it. this year for Christmas, my sister and i put together a recipe book for my dad of all of his mom’s recipes and my grandmother actually had a recipe for this! i loved finding it in my grandmothers recipes because it is such an important recipe in kevin’s family and i want to make it one in mine as well! i made it this year for easter and the family enjoyed it!
2 large cans of chunky pineapple, drained
1 cup sugar
5 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup crushed ritz crackers
1 stick butter
(this is the recipe in my grandmother hand writing – i love how it’s stained and looks crinkled, she must had made this recipe many times!)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. place drained pineapple in butter dish:
2. in a bowl, mix together flour and sugar:
3. pour flour and sugar mixture over pineapple:
4. cover with layer of cheese and then crushed ritz crackers. melt butter and pour on top of casserole:
5. bake in oven for 30 minutes (until cheese is bubbly). This recipe is SO easy so i hope yall give it a try!